Friday, March 26, 2010

Connie's Hepatitis Story

Hi, my name is Connie and I have been living with hep c since 1988. I have tried and failed treatment 3 different times. My dr. recommended I receive a liver transplant last July and actually rec'd one in Oct. 09.

Still fighting with the hep c and on my 4th round of treatment, hoping to at least slow this puppy down enough to wait for the cure. I know it's coming, hopefully in my lifetime!!!!!

I believe public awareness is key and should be started with education of the children; they need to know how important the liver is and just what its functions are. How they should avoid medications and alcohol as much as possible.

I also believe that blood test for hep c should be given at least by the age of 30 unless otherwise indicated; it should be part of your physical just like mammograms, colonoscopies, etc.

Hopefully with people like you to help bring this out we will be able to stop this disease. God bless and good luck. Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment