Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Melinda's Story

Hi I am 36 years old and live in Virginia. I found out I was hep c positive in Jan 2001. I had been having problems with my liver enzymes being elevated up to 169 for the alt's and 122 for the ast's. I suffer from chronic pain and fatigue. Doctors can't seem to make up their minds if I have fibromyalgia. I also suffer from sjogrens syndrome. I have already had one salivary gland and lymph node removed in my neck. Very painful surgery. They thought it was a mass. Came back with chronic inflammation and infections. I had my liver biopsy and was very sad when I got the results. I have cirrhosis. I am only 36 and have cirrhosis.

I have finally gotten my scripts for peginterferon and ribavirin. I will be on the maximum doses of both. I am scared and don't where my life is going right now. I am applying for pharmaceutical assistance because I have no money or insurance. I have been out of work for a year now and applying for SSDI. I think you have to be dead to get this. I want to go to work so bad but I get sick to often now to keep a job and it is not fair to my employer if I am sick all the time.

I am going to fight a good fight though and do all I can to fight this virus. I suffer bouts of depression though and hope it will not get me down when on tx. I will let all my friends know if my virus becomes undetectable. Until then I wish everyone luck that carries this dreadful disease. Take care Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment