Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thelma's Story

Hi,

My name is Thelma.

I’m a 50 year old Hispanic woman living with Hep C. I contracted this disease about thirty years ago. It’s a possibility that I may have gotten it through an unsafe blood transfusion or intravenously – take your pick. All I know is that I have it.

Living with Hep C is very demanding for me. I have to constantly watch my diet and exercise. Knowing that I have this virus makes me determined to stay on top of it. I want to live. I stay informed through the group support. As I’m sitting here typing I must inform you that I’m stage two of this disease.

I’m a prime candidate for the treatment and I have accepted that approach with open mindedness and a positive attitude. I feel by doing the treatment it will prolong my life and I plan on living for a long time.

My motto is “it’s best to have done it than to wish I could have done it”.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment