Thursday, April 29, 2010

Being Genotype 2.......Hilltopview

Hi there. I am recently diagnosed Chronic Hep C. Low viral load 12,000 and genotype 2. I haven't been to see gastro yet but scheduled for May.

Since finding out about this virus, I have read a lot and made some radical changes. I've changed my diet, stopped drinking alcohol, caffeine, etc introduced meditation, yoga, EFT, and a range of alternative therapies.

Initially, I totally freaked out, I was gob smacked by the diagnosis. I was sitting in the small office with the doctor while she went on and on about the results of enzyme testing and all that. When she first mentioned Hep C, all I could think about was vitamin C lol! - while the ramifications were starting to swirl around in my head. I left her office in total shock. That was around the second week of March.

I have spent a lot of time reading, researching and adopting things that I feel will have a positive impact on my health. Not all of it has been easy. I have two young boys which are making all these decisions stick, though. Mind you, it's only been about a month so far. But, so far so good.

I'm now feeling probably the best I've felt in years. No headaches, more energy, less foggy brain.....

Today I got the news about the Genotype 2. I was surprised at this result as Genotype 1 is more prevalent in Australia. (Read that info from this website; really appreciate it as a good source).

My husband has been great, really supportive but I'm sure it's been really hard for him. He's seen how well I've been lately and I think that's a comfort.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah....don't know what the gastro doctor will recommend next, but I'll just take each day as it comes. The gastro doctors have all been at an annual International conference in Venice. The one I am meant to be seeing has been stuck over there because of the volcanoes and flights being cancelled. Poor thing; I wouldn't mind getting stuck in Venice.

It's been great to find a site that offers support for Hep C sufferers and a place to share. It's not something I want to update my facebook status with - that's for sure! lol.

Well look forward to meeting you and sharing the journey.

Hilltopview

No comments:

Post a Comment